What To Do When House Centipedes Overwhelm Homeowners
- A shaded, moist area near your foundation where the sun cannot dry out the soil after it rains. As mentioned, centipedes love dark, moist places. If there are dark, moist places up against your home, this will invite centipedes, and other moisture-loving pests, like termites, in close to your home.
- A wet area somewhere near your foundation caused by an obstructed or broken gutter system. If water cannot be channeled away from your house, you may be creating wet areas where centipedes will feel right at home.
- A puddle where there is a leaky spigot. Again, centipedes love moisture. If you have a leaky spigot, or if someone neglects to turn it off all the way and it is dripping, it will create the moisture that centipedes love and will be drawn to.
- Holes in your foundation. It doesn’t take much of a gap for centipedes and other pests to squeeze through.
- A moist basement where centipedes feel right at home. If these creepy insects do get in, they will love you if your basement is nice and wet.
If you are in need of assistance with centipedes in your home, reach out to Schendel Pest Services. We offer commercial and residential services throughout six states. Life is better without centipedes invading your home. Give us a call today.