Why You Need To Call the Professionals for Rodent Problems in Topeka
Are you detecting mice and rats in your Topeka home? You’re one of the lucky ones, not lucky because you have a rodent infestation, but lucky that you hear those rodents. When mice and rats get into a home, they often make slight sounds that only your dog or cat will take notice of. That’s why your cat is crouched down in the kitchen, staring under your kitchen sink cabinet ready to pounce. Or why your dog is sniffing, whining and acting weird in your kitchen. If you don’t have a pet, or you have a pet that doesn’t have any interest in hunting prey or safeguarding his or her territory, you might not know you have a rodent problem. This is the key issue we want to discuss today. Here’s what you need to know.
What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You
If you don’t know you have rodents in your home, those rodents can still harm your property and affect your health, along with the health of everyone in your home.
- Have you ever seen a rodent in a trash can or a dumpster? This is a common stomping ground for mice and rats. And, in these dirty places, they pick up harmful bacteria on their fur. This makes rodents a mechanical vector for bacterial illnesses when they climb around in your pantry, silverware drawer, and other sensitive locations. If they come into contact with your dishes, silverware, food-prep surfaces, and food containers, you may not know it. Bacteria is invisible to the naked eye.
- When rodents crawl around in your attic spaces or storage rooms, they can chew into stored boxes you haven’t thought about in years. But, if you should ever decide to go down memory lane or retrieve a valuable keepsake from storage, you may be in for a disheartening surprise.
- Rodents chew on insulation, wood, sheetrock, and other building materials as they move around your home. This damage may never be seen, but it can still impact you. Thin areas of insulation can allow heat to escape. Holes in building materials can allow rainwater into your home possibly causing wood rot, mold, or other water-related issues.
- Rodents are prone to using stored furniture for nesting. They chew holes through the fabric and leave their feces and urine inside. This can be difficult or impossible to repair and clean.
- Sometimes rodents sever wires as they chew through walls and baseboards. If they accidentally gnaw on a live wire, not only could you have a dead rodent in your wall, you could have a house fire destroy your entire home.
- Rodents often get into air ducts. When they do, they will leave their feces and urine in this sensitive location. This can cause harmful particulates to become airborne within your home.
- When rodents come into a home, they can bring ticks, fleas, lice, mites, and other parasites in with them. They also do a good job of spreading those parasites around. These parasites are frustrating to deal with and can spread serious diseases.
Whoops You Missed a Spot
If you decide to try to get rid of rodents with DIY control methods, there are many ways this can go wrong. The worst is that you actually succeed to catch a rodent or two with the traps you set. This can lead to a false sense of security, and continued infestation. When it comes to rodents, you don’t want to miss one.
How Schendel Solves Rodent Problems
When you hire Schendel Pest Services to rid your Topeka home of rodents, you’re not going to have to wonder if those rodents are gone. Our highly trained pest professionals use the most advanced methods and products to track down rodents, remove rodents, monitor for rodent activity, and seal rodents out of residential and commercial structures. We offer this as a one-time service or as part of an ongoing pest control program.
Rodents are a serious threat to your health and property. Let our team help you get the control and protection you need. Reach out to us today and request a free pest control inspection to get started. We’ll send an experienced pest professional right to your door.