Is There A Midnight Cockroach Buffet In Your Kitchen?
In Las Vegas the nightlife never ends. It isn’t surprising that you can find buffets that are open all night long. Sirloin tips at 1:00 in the morning, tacos at 2:00, and seafood Newburg aplenty at 3:00. But what happens in Vegas should stay in Vegas. If cockroaches are using your kitchen as an all-night buffet, it’s time to put a stop to it!
Cockroaches aren’t just night owls; they are nocturnal creatures that are up all hours of the night looking for food. If they can’t find it in your home, they may gather up their crew, hop in the minivan and find another all night buffet–minus the minivan. Here are some tips to make sure your hotel-buffet has some very unsatisfied customers.
- Don’t leave dirty dishes in a stack by the sink.
- Make sure your trashcan has a lid on it.
- Keep all your fruit in the fridge.
- Put some plastic on the pet food and store it in the fridge, instead of leaving it on the floor all night. Pet food should be put down only during mealtimes.
- If you have paper or cardboard food items on your shelves, consider putting them in hard plastic containers that seal, not just to keep the roaches out, but also to seal the smells inside. Roaches will stick around even for the promise of food. (These are creatures that can go months without eating.)
- Don’t leave plates with crumbs. When you’re done watching television, put your plate into a sink full of soapy water with all your other dishes. The water doesn’t have to be hot to keep roaches away. Just soapy.
- Here is the big one. Are you ready? Do some deep cleaning every 4 months. Pull the stove out and clean grease and other drippings off the sides. Pull the fridge out and clean under it if you suspect a spill may have run under there. Clean in all the hard-to-get-at spots. Cockroaches are an insect that loves tight and confined places. You may not see those food sources every day, but they do.
- Roaches don’t just come for the food, they also come for the atmosphere. If you have moist dark places in your home, consider drying them out with a dehumidifier. If you have a clean, dry cellar, roaches will be much less cozy down there.
If you clean everywhere, hide the food, and dry everything out but still can’t seem to get rid of those dirty roaches–that’s no problem. Just like in Vegas, you can hire someone to kill them.
It may sound barbaric, but here at Schendel Pest Services, we don’t have a cockroach relocation program. It’s true. We don’t tenderly carry each cockroach out in a cage and release it into the wild. We kill ’em; dead. So, if you’re looking for a cockroach hitman, give us a call. We’ll stop them from using your kitchen as a midnight buffet and from spreading disease and harmful bacteria throughout your home–or anyone else’s home for that matter. Make this the end of the line for those cockroaches. Our friendly and courteous hitmen are waiting to serve you. Contact us today!