Why Trust Schendel to Protect Your Home from Termites
Can you name off the three largest purchases you’ve made in your life? Is your home one of them? For most people it is; houses aren’t cheap. Why do we spend so much on a house? One reason is obvious. We want a nice place to live. But a home purchase is more than that. It is a nest egg. The money you invest in your home is a physical asset you can draw upon when you retire. And, if you want to protect that investment, you’re going to have to put some elbow grease in. Houses don’t retain value on their own. Things break down and need to be fixed. Your home is going to need routine maintenance, every step of the way. Today, we’re going to talk about a form of routine maintenance that often gets neglected. You can probably guess from the title, we’re referring to termite protection.
Do you know that termite protection is routine maintenance? That is how your insurance company sees it. Termite damage is rarely covered by insurance because most insurance companies consider termite control to be “preventable with routine maintenance,” even though most homeowners are ill-equipped to perform this maintenance. So, when subterranean termites destroy your home and eat a big chunk out of your equity, your insurance company is going to leave you holding the bill.
Why shouldn’t homeowners tackle termite control on their own?
- Termites are sneaky. They’re wired to be sneaky. They’re so sneaky, they were able to feed on the White House for several years before being detected. If they were able to avoid the watchful eye of the White House staff, there is a good chance they can avoid your attempts to detect them.
- Controlling termites with chemicals is costly, frustrating, and complicated. After you’ve spent a ton of money and dumped a ton of chemicals into the soil around your home, you can still have a termite infestation. All it takes is one gap for termites to get in. The worst part is, termite workers never stop looking for food, even when they’ve found a food source. So they’re always looking for the hole in your defenses. If there is a hole, they’ll find it.
- 50% of homes will have a termite infestation. Those aren’t good odds if you’re looking to safeguard your equity.
- Termites do $5 billion in U.S. property damage each year. Much of this damage is difficult to repair because termites feed on the inside of wood timbers.
Why you can trust Schendel to tackle termite control.
- Schendel has a solution for sneaky termites. We deploy the Trelona® ATBS Advance® Termite Baiting System. This system takes the guesswork out of termite detection. When termites come to feed on your home, your termite control professional is going to know about it. Those worker termites that never stop searching for food always find the bait. When cartridges have been attacked, portions of the bait is missing and dead soldier and worker termites can usually be found inside.
- With the Trelona® ATBS Advance® Termite Baiting System, there is no need for tons of chemicals and no need for trenching or drilling. You also don’t have to worry about having a gap in your defenses. The termite behavior that makes chemicals fail is the behavior that makes Trelona® ATBS a success.
- Trelona® ATBS has a proven track record, which is partly due to its larger bait station design and the unique vertical slots which make it easy for termites to get to the bait. And the bait used is Puri-Cel® matrix, which is like filet mignon for termites. When those workers take the bait—and they will take the bait—they share it with the other termites in their colony and the colony dies.
- The Trelona® ATBS Advance® Termite Baiting System is pet-friendly, family-friendly and environmentally sound.
When you need to know that your equity is protected from the threat termites can pose, you can trust the Certified service professionals at Schendel Pest Services and the Trelona® ATBS Advance® Termite Baiting System. Reach out to us today to schedule a free inspection to get started. This is vital protection that every home should have. Get your protection in place today.